Darice L. Hickey
At A Glance
Darice L. Hickey is an Associate in the Business and Finance Department. She concentrates her practice in the areas of partnership taxation, corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate divisions and recapitalization, employee benefits, trust and estate taxation, individual income taxation, and estate planning.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP, Darice worked as an Associate at Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP, counseling clients on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and tax planning.
Mrs. Hickey received her LL.M. degree in taxation from New York University School of Law. She earned her J.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude, with a concentration in finance transactions, and her B.A. in German Languages and Literatures from the University of Virginia.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Virginia, B.A.
Mrs. Hickey is admitted to practice in all New York state courts and the U.S. Tax Court.
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter, State Director
Mrs. Hickey serves as a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee for the Graycliff Conservancy, Inc., a not-for-profit dedicated to restoring and preserving the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Graycliff Estate. Mrs. Hickey is also the President of the U.Va. Club of Western New York.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
- Transactional Tax Planning
- Business Counseling
- Business Succession Planning
- Cross Border Transactions
- Estate & Trust Taxation
- Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation
- Family Wealth Planning
- Not-for-profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Retirement Benefit Planning
- Direct: 716-248-3219
- Fax: 716-248-3319