Dennis B. Danella
At A Glance
Dennis B. Danella is a registered Patent Attorney and a Partner in the Firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. His practice involves counseling U.S. and multinational clients in all aspects of intellectual property law, including the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, strategic patent and trademark portfolio development and procurement, patent infringement and validity analyses, patentability searches and opinions, intellectual property due diligence analyses in commercial transactions, and preparing agreements for the transfer of intellectual property rights. His practice is primarily focused in the mechanical arts, but he also has extensive experience in the electro-mechanical and software arts.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Danella was a partner at Jaeckle, Fleischmann & Mugel, LLP in its Rochester office, and an associate at Shook Hardy & Bacon LLP in its Kansas City, Missouri office, where he concentrated his practice in patent, copyright and trademark law.
- University of Kansas (J.D., 2000)
- Clarkson University (B.S., 1997) With Distinction
- States of New York, Arizona, Kansas, and Missouri
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
Key Representative Matters
- Represented clients in appeal and interference proceedings before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Assisted clients in procuring intellectual property protection for green technologies, specializing in renewable and alternate forms of energy, including fuel cells, wind power technology, water conservation techniques, and waste water treatment processes.
- Represented authors, illustrators and photographers with securing copyright registrations, and licensing and protecting their works of art.
- Member of Tau Beta Pi and Chi Epsilon honor societies
- Member of the Kansas Law Review and held judicial internships with the Supreme Court of New York and the United States District Court for the District of Kansas.