Duwaine T. Bascoe
At A Glance
Duwaine T. Bascoe is an Associate in the Litigation Department where he concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, personal injury litigation, debt collection & asset recovery, medical malpractice, and employment and labor litigation. While at UB Law, Mr. Bascoe was a National Trial team member; Treasurer for UB Law Black Law Student Association; Clerk for Buffalo Environmental Law Journal; Clerk for Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law, and Social Policy; and a Board Member of Frederick Douglas Moot Court Team.
State University at Buffalo Law School, JD
Morehouse College, BA
State of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of New York
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
- Chair of the MCBA Diversity Committee
- Member and President of Rochester Black Bar Association
- Member of the National Bar Association
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and Member of the Executive Board for the Young Lawyers Section.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association and its Young Lawyers Section.
- Chair of the Monroe County Bar Association Diversity Committee
- National Bar Association delegate and Rochester Black Bar Association 20th Anniversary Co-Chair
- Recipient of the Rochester Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" Award 2016
- 2015 Daily Record’s Excellence in Law “Up and Coming Attorneys Award”
- 2015 MCBA Emerging Bar Leader Award
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Recipient of 2011 Robert J. Connelly Trial Advocacy Award presented by Western New York Trial Lawyers Association.
- Recipient of 2010 Marie Nesbitt Promise Prize.
- Recipient of 2010 Frederick Douglass Moot Court Outstanding Performance Award.
- Board Member of Action for a Better Community
- Actively involved in the community as a Den Leader/Board Member for Cub Scout Pack 363 and a Volunteer Assistant football coach for Webster Wildcats Pop-Warner Football team.