At a Glance
Erin Elmouji is an Associate in the firm's Litigation Department, where she concentrates her practice on commercial litigation.
Erin practices in State and Federal Court, representing clients in litigation arising from large-scale corporate transactions, commercial and residential real estate and loan agreements, complex contractual and shareholder disputes, land-use matters, and bankruptcy issues. She has also advised clients on SEC and DOJ investigations concerning securities matters and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Erin also dedicates much of her time to pro bono representation and community engagement on issues of social justice. She has served as Chair of the Diversity Committee of Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys, is an active member of the Lawyers’ Coalition for Racial and Social Justice, and was selected as one of only eleven community members comprising the inaugural antiracism task force formed by the Monroe County Bar Association: the President’s Commission on Anti-Racism.
Erin earned her J.D. degree, with high honors, from the George Washington University Law School in Washington, DC. Erin also holds M.A. and B.A. degrees from St. Bonaventure University. Erin moved to Rochester and joined Woods Oviatt Gilman after practicing with Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in Manhattan for six years.
- Named "One to Watch" in 2021 for Commercial Litigation by "The Best Lawyers in America."
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute.
- 2014 Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society
- Union Settlement Law Firm Partner Honoree, 2018
- Consistently recognized as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine between 2015 and 2021
- J.D., High Honors, The George Washington University Law School
- M.A., St. Bonaventure University
- B.A., magna cum laude, St. Bonaventure University
- New York
- New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys
- Named to first President’s Commission on Anti-Racism, MCBA
- GRAWA Board Member, 2021-2022
- Chair of GRAWA Diversity Committee, 2021-2022
- Secretary of the Lawyers’ Coalition for Racial and Social Justice, 2019-2021
- Member of the Litigation Council of the MCBA, 2021-2022
- 9-30-21 Erin Elmouji, Esq. named an "Up and Coming Attorney"
- 8-24-21 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Super Lawyers" list.
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 5-8-2019 The Women of Woods Oviatt named the 2019 Dress For Success Empowerment Award honorees by Dress for Success Rochester.
- 10-14-2016 League of Women Voters Wins Extension of Voter Registration Deadline in Florida
- 7-6-2015 Pro Bono Q&A: Davis, et al. v. City of New York
- 1-7-2015 Preliminary Settlement Reached in Lawsuit Challenging Police Practices in NYC Public Housing
- 10-8-2014 Erin Elmouji honored at 2014 Pro Bono Publico Awards
- 8-27-2013 - Court Holds Securities Act Statute of Repose Not Tolled, New York Law Journal