F. Michael Ostrander
At A Glance
F. Michael Ostrander is a Partner in the firm and a member of the Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation and employment law.
University of Buffalo Law School, J.D., Articles Editor of the Buffalo Law Review
State University of New York College at Geneseo, B.A., Cum Laude
State of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of New York
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Key Representative Matters
- Represented employee and new employer in successful defense of a former employer's attempt to enforce non-competition covenant and other restrictive covenants.
- Counseled large local employer regarding potential employment of applicants subject to covenants not to compete and other restrictive covenants.
- Represented local company in successful prosecution of contractual payment rights and successful defense of counterclaims under an asset purchase agreement and employment agreements.
- Represented commercial property owner in the successful defense of action to specifically enforce contract for sale of commercial real property and successful prosecution of counterclaims.
- Represented commercial property owner in successful prosecution of payment rights under commercial lease agreement.
- Represented local lender in successful prosecution of contractual rights and successful defense of counterclaims under New York State Banking Law and various lending statutes.
- Represented trademark owner in the successful prosecution of trademark infringement claims.
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Member of the House/Finance Committee for the Monroe County Bar Association and Co-Chair of the Underwriting Sub-Committee.
- Named a 2014 "Upstate New York Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine.
Member of the Irondequoit Democratic Committee.
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Employment & Labor Litigation
- Employment & Non-Competition Agreements
- Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Insurance Coverage & Risk Management
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Special Investigations
- Direct: 585-987-2816
- Fax: 585-987-2916