Gordon E. Forth
At A Glance
Gordon E. Forth is a Partner in the firm and Chair of the Firm's Business & Finance Department. He concentrates his practice in the area of corporate finance, with primary emphasis on public and private offerings of securities, mergers, acquisitions and venture capital transactions. His practice includes the representation of clients in connection with continuing disclosure, periodic reporting and other requirements of the SEC, the major stock exchanges, and the NASD. He also acts as counsel for boards of directors and board committees on matters relating to corporate governance and corporate legal compliance.
Mr. Forth represents senior lenders and subordinated lenders in financing transactions. He negotiates and prepares documentation relating to public and private mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations, equity arrangements between investors and other acquisition participants, subordinated debt, and venture capital transactions. He also provides support to the firm's Business Litigation area of practice in shareholder and securities litigation.
Vanderbilt University, J.D., MBA
Hope College, B.A.
State of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of New York
Monroe County Bar Association
- Listed in the most recent edition of "Best Lawyers in America".
- Recognized as one of the "Super Lawyers" in New York State by New York Super Lawyer Magazine
- Business Counseling
- Commercial and Asset Based Lending
- Corporate Governance
- Intellectual Property, Licensing & Technology
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Public Companies/Securities
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- Special Investigations
- Emerging Companies
- Direct: 585-987-2801
- Fax: 585-987-2901
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- As Seen in the Buffalo Law Journal "Woods Oviatt Makes Quick Transition in Buffalo."
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.