Gregory W. Gribben
At A Glance
Mr. Gribben is a Partner in the firm's Business & Finance Department. His practice is focused in the areas of corporate finance, securities law, venture capital and investment management.
His practice includes the area of corporate finance, with the representation of issuers in public and private offerings of securities and venture capital transactions and financial institution regulatory matters. He represents public companies in connection with securities law reporting and compliance issues. This representation includes Securities and Exchange Commission periodic reporting requirements and compliance with stock exchange requirements.
Mr. Gribben represents investment advisors in connection with state and federal registration and regulatory compliance, and private fund sponsors and investors. In addition, he has represented both corporate buyers and sellers in asset, stock and merger transactions, and counseled businesses with corporate governance and compliance issues.
Panelist for the Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology's seminar "The Power of Angel Investing".
- Albany Law School, J.D.
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A., Cum Laude
- States of New York and Arizona
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
Key Representative Matters
- Represented footwear and apparel manufacturer in its $32.0 million secondary offering and concurrent debt financing used to fund its $40.0 million acquisition of a government military boot manufacturer;
- Represented industrial holding company in its $60.0 million acquisition and subsequent sale of a controlling interest in a publicly-traded manufacturer of automotive air bag materials;
- Represented alternative energy company in a $83.0 million multi-level debt and equity financing;
- Represented health services company in a reverse acquisition public offering and concurrent $7.0 million private placement;
- Represented OTC Bulletin Board traded automotive technology company in $5.0 million private placement to investor group;
- Represented national bank holding company in $7.0 million preferred equity investment under Small Business Lending Fund program with the U.S. Treasury Department;
- Represented bank holding company in a $5.0 million underwritten Regulation A multi-state, rights offering and community offering;
- Represented federal savings bank in state charter conversion;
- Represented savings and loan holding company in "going dark" transition and SEC deregistration;
- Represented wireless technology developer in venture stage capital raising transactions totaling over $7.5 million;
- Represented client in six roll-up acquisitions of footwear and apparel manufacturers and distributors, with the aggregate purchase price for these acquisitions totaling more than $97 million;
- Represented sponsor and investment manager in two $25 million mezzanine debt funds for real estate related loans;
- Represented lead investor in $10 million bridge financing for alternative energy company to begin ramp up to commercial facility construction;
- Represented endowment with private equity and venture capital fund investment totaling over $110 million.
Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association Business Law Sections, and the State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section.
- BV® Distinguished™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Board member for CDS Monarch, Inc.
- Board member for Unistel Industries, Inc.
- Business Counseling
- Corporate Governance
- Cross Border Transactions
- Financial Institution Regulatory Matters
- Investment Management
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Public Companies/Securities
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- Special Investigations
- Direct: 585-987-2875
- Fax: 585-987-2975