Greta K. Kolcon
At A Glance
Greta K. Kolcon is a Partner in the firm's Litigation Department. She chairs the Environmental Law & Litigation Practice Group. Ms. Kolcon is a certified federal court mediator, and serves on the neutral panel for the United States District Court for the Western District of New York. She focuses on efficient and effective risk management and dispute resolution.
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Michigan, B.A., with honors
State of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Regularly defend energy company in litigation involving claims of environmental contamination under New York's Navigation Law, as well as RCRA and other claims.
- Regularly defend residential landlords against claims of lead paint poisoning allegedly suffered by tenants and others.
- Regularly defend employment discrimination claims and other workplace-related claims against employers.
- Defend and prosecute claims against fiduciaries of employee retirement plans, such as trustees and investment managers.
- Litigate enforcement of shareholder agreements in connection with buyouts and separations from business enterprise.
- President-Elect of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY)
- Immediate Past Co-Chair of the Environmental Law Committee of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY)
- Past President of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys (GRAWA)
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Rochester Women's Network
- Recipient of the Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys' (GRAWA) Crennel-Branch Award
- Recognized by the Rochester Business Journal as a "Forty Under 40" honoree
- Recognized by The Daily Record as one of Rochester's “Up and Coming Attorneys"
Ms. Kolcon is a former Trustee for the Historical Society of the Courts of the State of New York. She is past Vice President and Council Member for the Lutheran Church of the Incarnate Word and is actively involved in a variety of local community organizations.
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction & Surety Law Litigation
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Education & School Law
- Employment & Labor Litigation
- Employment & Non-Competition Agreements
- Environmental Law & Litigation
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- Securities Arbitration
- Products Liability / Mass & Complex Torts
- Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation
- Direct: 585-987-2812
- Fax: 585-987-2912
- 3-22 Woods Oviatt to Host 2019 Labor and Employment Update on May 2, 2019
- 2-8-2019 Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. to Receive Hofstra Law’s 2019 Outstanding Women in Law Award
- Woods Oviatt Gilman Labor Alert - Important New Changes to New York Labor Law
- Women's Bar Association of the State Of New York Installs Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. as President
- Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. will be a featured speaker at the NYSBA's Basics of Environmental Law 2018 Seminar in Buffalo April 18th, 2018.
- 5-17-17 Women's Bar Association of New York Announces Installation of the 2017-2018 Officers. Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. of Woods Oviatt will be installed as President-Elect.
- 5-16-2017 NEW "FIRST-IN-THE-NATION" REGULATION: CYBERSECURITY REQUIREMENTS FOR FINANCIAL SERVICE COMPANIES
- 11/14 & 11/16 Greta K. Kolcon to be present at NBI's Seminar - Human Resource Law from Start to Finish
- Greta Kolcon, Esq. Installed as Vice President of WBASNY.
- 2016 Labor and Employment Update: Employers Beware! Navigating the Employment Minefield
- Greta Kolcon to Present at "Cool Women/Hot Jobs" at Young Women's College Prep Charter School
- 11-12-15 As Seen in the Daily Record - Greta Kolcon of Woods Oviatt is interviewed regarding her involvement in WBASNY.
- Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. To speak at NBI's Employment Law Seminar in Rochester and Buffalo
- 10-14-2015 Greta K. Kolcon, Esq. to Speak at MCBA CLE presentation "Learning from Environmental Horror Stories."
- 8-24-15 New York Brownfield Law
- Legislation Watch: The Proposed "Microbead-Free Waters Act"
- Lake Shore Living & Coastal Erosion Permits