Jack M. Battaglia
At A Glance
Jack M. Battaglia is a Partner in the firm concentrating his practice in civil and criminal tax controversies. He has over 35 years of experience in tax law including practice before the IRS, particularly the Criminal Investigation Division, and the Appeals Division of the IRS, litigation in Federal District Court and the Unites States Tax Court. Mr. Battaglia worked 3 years in the Rulings Division of the IRS National Office in Washington, D.C.
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M
Syracuse University Law School, LL.B
Michigan State University, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
He has personally tried the following cases in the United States Tax Court:
- Fame; TC Memo 1983-421;
- Dagan, TC Memo 1984-138;
- Langworthy, TC Memo 1998-218. Current tax cases include:
- Criminal investigation by IRS of a businessman
- Criminal investigation by New York State of an attorney
- Criminal sales tax investigations of restaurants
- IRS audit of foreign bank accounts
- IRS FBAR Penalty investigation
- IRS audit of a real estate investor
- IRS fuel Tax audit of a contractor
- Member of the Tax Section and the Committee on Civil and Criminal Tax Penalties of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Lectures frequently on tax law topics and has authored numerous articles
- Listed in the current edition of "The Best Lawyers in America".
- Direct: 585-987-2860
- Fax: 585-987-2960
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- 4-12-16 Priorities in Criminal Tax Enforcement - Jack Battaglia, Esq.
- Foreign Bank Accounts
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.