At a Glance
Jason W. Klimek is an Associate in the firm’s Business and Finance Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of cannabis regulation and compliance, corporate and individual income taxation, partnership taxation, corporate mergers and acquisitions and trademarks.
As a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Cannabis Law, Jason has been at the forefront of New York’s emerging cannabis law. He has worked with New York legislators, providing analyses regarding taxation and licensing. Jason is also a board member of HempLab, Inc. and Roc NORML, Inc., where he has become a thought leader in the cannabis industry.
March 2021, Unintended Consequences of a Novel Tax Structure – Castetter Cannabis Group
February 2021, Empire State of Cannabis
February 2021, Into the Weeds – WROC Channel 8 News
January 2021, Hemp’s Been Around Forever, but the Industry is still Emerging – Rochester Business Journal
January 2021, Cannabis Legalization would have Major Effects on Local Businesses – Rochester Business Journal
CALI Award – Federal Income Tax
- Taxation LL.M., Boston University,
- J.D., Touro Law, magna cum laude.
- B.S., St. John Fisher College, Management/Corporate Finance
- New York State
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- United States Tax Court
- Monroe County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Member- Committee on Cannabis Law
- HempLab, Inc. – Director
- Roc NORML, Inc. – Director