Jerry A. Goldman
At A Glance
Jerry A. Goldman is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate & Finance Department. In his more than thirty years of experience practicing as an attorney, Mr. Goldman has become well known for his real estate development practice focused on land use and zoning. Mr. Goldman's interdisciplinary approach to commercial real estate development and combining both real estate and litigation, has elevated Mr. Goldman to become a leading authority throughout Rochester and upstate New York in this area of practice.
In his practice, Mr. Goldman represents owners, developers and end users in contract and lease negotiation, land use and zoning approvals, environmental compliance matters, post-approval permitting, closing of lease or purchase/sale of real property, negotiation of construction contracts, as well as real estate and construction litigation. Mr. Goldman also consults with local municipalities on an "of counsel" basis. In recent years, this practice has incorporated navigating through and obtaining financial incentives for development projects through local Industrial Development Agencies, the New York State Economic Development Corporation as well as other financing sources.
Mr. Goldman also maintains a business consulting practice which focuses on the consultation of business entities including sole proprietorships, general partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies; internal agreements such as buy-sell agreements and employment agreements; external agreements pertaining to confidentiality and sales agreements; as well as the purchase and sale of businesses, commercial/creditor's rights litigation and corporate litigation. Mr. Goldman has worked with a substantial number of construction companies and subcontractors in this practice.
A smaller part of Mr. Goldman's practice includes counseling clients on matters regarding residential real estate transactions as well as estate planning and administration.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Mr. Goldman was a Principal of Fix Spindelman Brovitz & Goldman PC
University of Rochester, Bachelor of Arts, 1976
Albany Law School of Union University, Juris Doctor, 1979
- New York State Bar
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- Member of the Municipal Law Committee of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America in Land Use and Zoning and for Land Use and Zoning- Litigation. Annually named in The Best Lawyers in America in those practice area.
- Annually listed as a Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated attorney (highest rating)
- Annually listed in "Super Lawyers" magazine for Land Use/Zoning law.
- Annually listed as Ranked Lawyer in Chambers USA (International rating publication)
- Long time Member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester.
- Served as counsel for many not-for-profits including Cancer Wellness Spa of Greater Rochester, Inc. d/b/a Cancer Wellness Connections, The Crayon Project Inc. and Rochester Area Crime Stoppers Inc.
- Frequently lectures for many professional trade associations as well as the Monroe County Land Use Decision-Making Training Program.
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Condominiums and Associations
- Environmental Law & Litigation
- Land Use & Zoning
- Public Finance
- Title Insurance
- Direct: 585-445-2726
- Fax: 585-445-2626
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Thirteen Woods Oviatt Attorneys Are Included on the 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers List and Three Attorneys Are Named 2014 Upstate New York Rising Stars.