John C. Nutter
At A Glance
John is a member of the firm's Labor and Employment and Litigation Departments. He focuses his practice on employment disputes and commercial litigation. He has represented clients in a variety of disputes, including contract, corporate/partnership, employment, trusts and estates, real estate, land use and insurance coverage matters. He is experienced in all phases of litigation from commencement through trial and appeals. He also counsels clients on employment matters. His practice includes proceedings and investigations before the New York State Division of Human Rights, Department of Labor, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
University of Virginia, J.D.
Vanderbilt University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
State of New York and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
United States District Courts for the Western District of New York and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member of the American, New York State and Monroe County Bar Associations.
- Serves on the Litigation Council of the Monroe County Bar Association.
Recognized as a "Rising Star" by New York Super Lawyer Magazine In 2013 & 2014
- Active in the community as a parent and musician.
- Coach in the Town of Brighton Little League.
- Involved with the Open World program, which hosts groups of Russian and Ukrainian attorneys and Judges on trips to Rochester to foster cultural exchange.
- Business Litigation
- Employment & Labor Litigation
- Employment & Non-Competition Agreements
- Employment Counseling and Compliance
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Risk Management
- Workplace Safety/OSHA
- Direct: 585-987-2857
- Fax: 585-987-2957
- John C. Nutter, Esq. Elected as a Partner in Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Woods Oviatt Gilman Labor Alert - Important New Changes to New York Labor Law
- 2016 Labor and Employment Update: Employers Beware! Navigating the Employment Minefield
- Thirteen Woods Oviatt Attorneys Are Included on the 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers List and Three Attorneys Are Named 2014 Upstate New York Rising Stars.