Kristopher J. Vurraro
At A Glance
Kristopher J. Vurraro is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate Development and Finance Department, wherein he specializes in the fields of commercial leasing and commercial real property sales and acquisitions and commercial real estate development.
He also has significant experience in the areas of zoning and land use planning, municipal law and environmental regulatory compliance. He has appeared before numerous municipal boards on behalf of a vast array of individual and corporate clients, in connection with zoning and planning approvals and real estate development projects. He has also represented municipalities in connection with land use planning and other governmental matters.
He has also advised clients on matters concerning hazardous and solid waste, Superfund liability, petroleum spills, air and water pollution issues, lead paint, radon and mold liability and compliance, and Brownfields development.
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
St. John Fisher College, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Drafts and negotiates leases, subleases and ground leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants for hundreds of thousands square feet each year, comprised of all types of commercial space, including industrial, warehouse, flex and professional/medical office, as well as both “in-line" and “big-box" retail.
- Routinely acts as lead counsel in the structuring, negotiation and completion of all manner of commercial real estate sales, acquisitions and development projects, such as:
- the acquisition and development of a 42-acre mixed-use project in the City of Rochester, anchored by a prominent national retailer;
- the purchase, development and financing of a 26-acre, 300+ unit apartment complex located adjacent to Irondequoit Bay;
- the acquisition and redevelopment of a 22-acre project on Canandaigua Lake, consisting of multi-family residential, office and retail uses.
- the sale and leaseback of a 200,000 square foot industrial facility located in the City of Rochester.
- Regularly counsels and assists local, regional and national real estate developers and business owners, as well as individual land owners and real estate brokers with respect to the administrative and regulatory procedures of zoning and land use planning and environmental compliance.
Member of the Municipal Law and Environmental Sections of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America".
- Named as a 2010 "Up & Coming Attorney" by The Daily Record.
Board of Trustees - Gillam Grant Community Center, Bergen, New York
- Commercial Leasing
- Condominiums and Associations
- Environmental Law & Litigation
- Government & Municipal Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tax Assessment & Condemnation
- Title Insurance
- Direct: 585-987-2838
- Fax: 585-987-2938