Louis M. D'Amato
At A Glance
Louis M. D'Amato is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate Development & Finance Department where he is practice leader for the Condominium and Associations Practice Group and Residential Transactions Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, development, leasing, commercial mortgage financing and community associations.
Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Counsel to numerous commercial property owners, assisting in the development, sale and rental of industrial, business flex space and apartment properties.
- Counsel to owners associations and condominiums, and the developers of such organizations.
- Counsel to residential builders throughout New York State.
- Counsel to commercial and industrial park developer, including the development of a 100-acre business park with national purchasers and tenants.
- Acted as Lender's counsel in multiple New York State Affordable Housing bond closings.
- Counsel to Lenders in the construction and financing of commercial properties, including Rochester's premier business and medical complex.
- Acted as agent for national title insurance company issuing owner and lender policies for $90 million transfer.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association, Real Property Section.
- Past Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- Appears in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Awarded the Honor Society Award in November 2000 by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors for advancing the ideas and interests of the real estate industry.
- Frequent speaker for the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Member of the Advisory Board of The Salvation Army of Greater Rochester.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Rochester Management, Inc., a not for profit providing low-income rental housing in Monroe County.
- Provides support and legal work for Journey Home, a hospice home for the terminally ill in Greece, New York.
- Past member of the Realtor Bar Committee of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors, Inc.
- Non-voting past member of the Board of Trustees of the Genesee Valley Land Surveyors Association.
- Past Trustee and member of the Finance Committee of the Church of the Holy Name of Jesus.
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Condominiums and Associations
- Land Use & Zoning
- Title Insurance
- Direct: 585-987-2823
- Fax: 585-987-2923