Nicholas S. Proukou
At A Glance
Nicholas Proukou is an Associate in the firm and a member of the Family Wealth and Estate Planning Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Estate and Trust Administration, Long Term Care Planning and Medicaid Planning.
University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
University of Utah, M.A.
Nazareth College, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Assists in preparing simple and complex estate plans for clients with varying needs.
- Works with high net-worth clients to accomplish estate tax planning objectives, including the preparation and funding of Life Insurance Trusts, Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts, Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts and Inter Vivos Generation-Skipping Transfer Trusts, among others.
- Works with families in estate administration matters from the probate process through the distributions to beneficiaries and settlement.
- Works with families in preparing Medicaid applications and exploring long-term care planning options to reduce nursing home spenddown
Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
Nick was named a 2016 "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Serves on the Board of Alumni for Nazareth College of Rochester where he works to promote enrollment among high school students in the Western New York area.
- Elder Law/Long Term Health Care and Medicaid Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Family Wealth Planning
- Direct: 585-987-2866
- Fax: 585-445-2366
- 4-19-2019 Nicholas S. Proukou, Esq. named a 2019 Up & Coming Attorney by The Daily Record
- 11-19-2018 David P. Shaffer, Esq. and Nicholas J. Proukou, Esq., will be featured speakers at Future Care Planning
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List