At a Glance
Paul S. Groschadl is a Partner in the firm and Chair of the Secured Lending & Financial Recovery Department where he concentrates in bankruptcy, commercial litigation and banking.
- Named 2020 "Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Bankruptcy" by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Groschadl has for many years held the highest rating from Martindale Hubbell Lawyers Directory, and is listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America" for his bankruptcy and creditors' rights work.
Mr. Groschadl has authored articles for the American Bankruptcy Law Journal, a leading treatise on New York real estate law and other professional and business publications. He is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy and commercial law topics for bar associations, colleges and universities, and other professional and trade organizations.
State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D.
University of Tampa, B.A.
- State of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Examiner in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York.
- Represents creditors, including banks, lenders, investors, landlords and executory contract counterparties in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases throughout the United States.
- Represents banks and other institutional clients in lending transactions, intercreditor relationships, syndications, workouts, collateral foreclosure and fraud litigation.
- Participated in the preparation of Local Rules of Practice for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York.
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association Banking Law Section and Bankruptcy Committee.
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
- Former Chair of the Bankruptcy Committee of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- Honorary Board Member, Catholic Family Center
- Meals on Wheels volunteer
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.