Ronald J. Kisicki
At A Glance
Ronald J. Kisicki is a Partner in the firm's Business & Finance Department and a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent Office, and concentrates his practice in Intellectual Property Law. He is experienced in managing large patent portfolios and in counseling clients on various intellectual property matters. He also has extensive experience handling intellectual property litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret infringement suits.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt he was a partner with Jaeckle Fleischmann and Mugel, LLP.
Before earning a law degree, Mr. Kisicki worked for 16 years as an engineer and manager with General Motors. His experience included work in the occupant safety and crash worthiness design with GM's Chevrolet Engineering.
- Introduction to Intellectual Property – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 2013
- Lunch and Learn – Trademarks – NACET, 2012
- Identifying and Protecting Your Intellectual Property – CEI, 2012
- Panelist – The Power of Angel Investing – Flagstaff, Arizona, 2011
- Internet Law: e-Business, e-Commerce, Going Global - Small Business Council - Rochester, 2010
Western Michigan University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1970) Rochester Institute of Technology (M.B.A., 1976) Detroit College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
Arizona State Bar, Michigan State Bar, the New York State Bar United States District Court for the District of Arizona United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan United States District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York United States Court of Appeals - Second Circuit United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Member of the American Bar Association; Arizona Bar Association; New York State Bar Association; Michigan Bar Association; Maricopa County Bar Association;
- Past President of the Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association (RIPLA)
- Past member of the Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Mentor for the Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NACET) in Flagstaff and resident mentor for the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI) in Phoenix.