Ronald J. Kisicki
At A Glance
Ronald J. Kisicki is a Partner in the firm's Business & Finance Department and a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent Office, and concentrates his practice in Intellectual Property Law. He is experienced in managing large patent portfolios and in counseling clients on various intellectual property matters. He also has extensive experience handling intellectual property litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret infringement suits.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt he was a partner with Jaeckle Fleischmann and Mugel, LLP.
Before earning a law degree, Mr. Kisicki worked for 16 years as an engineer and manager with General Motors. His experience included work in the occupant safety and crash worthiness design with GM's Chevrolet Engineering.
Mr. Kisicki has a BSME degree from Western Michigan University, an MBA from Rochester Institute of Technology and a Law degree from Michigan State, formerly Detroit College of Law.
- IP Seminars –CEI and Chandler Innovations (2014-2018)
- Introduction to Intellectual Property – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 2013
- Lunch and Learn – Trademarks – NACET, 2012
- Identifying and Protecting Your Intellectual Property – CEI, 2012
- Panelist – The Power of Angel Investing – Flagstaff, Arizona, 2011
- Internet Law: e-Business, e-Commerce, Going Global - Small Business Council - Rochester, 2010
- IP for the Arts; Legal Clinic Series - Phoenix, 2009
- Internet Law: e-Business and e-Commerce, 2009
- IP for the Arts; L-IP for the Arts; Legal Clinic Series - Phoenix, 2008
- Intellectual Property for the Arts and Entertainment - Parts 1 and 2; Legal Clinic Series - Phoenix, 2007
- Advising the Corporate Client on Intellectual Property; ASU Center for Law, Leadership & Management CLE, 2006
- De-Mystifying Intellectual Property; Maricopa Bar Association CLE, 2005
- Bridging the Gap: Intellectual Property; New York State Bar Association CLE, 2005
Western Michigan University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1970) Rochester Institute of Technology (M.B.A., 1976) Detroit College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
Arizona State Bar, Michigan State Bar, the New York State Bar United States District Court for the District of Arizona United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan United States District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York United States Court of Appeals - Second Circuit United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Member of the Arizona Bar; New York State Bar and Michigan Bar
- Past President of the Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association (RIPLA)
- Mentor for the Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NACET) in Flagstaff and Intellectual Property mentor-in-resident for the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI) in Phoenix.
- GM Retirees Club of Arizona