At a Glance
Samuel O. Tilton is a retired Partner of the firm and was a member of the Real Estate Development and Finance Department. He concentrated his practice in real estate acquisitions and sales, commercial leasing and commercial mortgage lending. He also is experienced in the areas of condominiums and homeowner associations and title insurance.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
Harvard University, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Counsel to major financial institution for construction loans to developer/operator of hotels under national franchise.
- Counsel to financial institution for financing of regional retail mall.
- Counsel to developers of local retail strip centers regarding construction, permanent financing, leasing and resale.
- Counsel to developer/syndicator of apartment and hotel investment for initial purchase, conventional and conduit lender financing and resale.
- Counsel to numerous landlords and tenants for commercial leasing.
- Counsel to lender in industrial development agency tax advantaged transactions for parking garage and similar projects.
- Local counsel to national lenders regarding construction and permanent financing of a variety of projects.
- Counsel to home builders regarding subdivision and construction approvals, and financing of infrastructure improvements.
- Counsel to national and regional conservation organizations for land purchase and sales.
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and former Trustee.
- Member of the Real Estate Section and Past Chair of Real Estate Council.
- Member and Past Chair of President's Commission on Access to Justice.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association and its Real Property Law Section and the Section's Executive Committee.
- Co-Chair of the Legislation Committee of the Real Property Law Section,
- Past Co-Chair of Committee on Title and Transfer of the Real Property Law Section,
- Member of House of Delegates as a Representative of the Real Property Law Section.
- Included in the Best Lawyers in America for more than ten years.
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Speaker at recent New York State Bar Association Real Property Law Section Annual and Summer Meetings.
- Member of the Board of Trustees and Chair of Facilities Committee for Geva Theatre.
- Former Director and Member of Executive Committee for Monroe Title Insurance Corporation.
- Former Trustee of Thousand Acre Swamp Preservation Committee (The Nature Conservancy).
- Member of Advisory Council of Rochester Regional Community Design Center.
- Director and Former Board Chair of Legal Aid Society of Rochester.
- Member of the Genesee Valley Club.
- Member and Former Director and Secretary of Hunt Hollow Ski Club,
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.