Sean D. Jensen
At A Glance
Mr. Jensen is a Partner in the Business & Finance Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law & governance, mergers, acquisitions & divestitures, emerging companies and securities law. He has represented individuals and closely-held companies in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of businesses and business divisions, including related employment arrangements. Mr. Jensen has also represented clients in connection with the negotiation of a broad range of agreements, including shareholders agreements, operating agreements, license agreements, nondisclosure agreements, distribution and representation agreements and consulting agreements. He has also represented companies in public offerings and private placements, and has advised public companies with respect to periodic reporting and compliance with SEC and exchange regulations.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP, Mr. Jensen was an associate at Goodwin Procter LLP in Boston, MA and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York, NY.
Mr. Jensen received his J.D., magna cum laude from New York Law School, and his B.S. (Civil Engineering), with honors from Lehigh University.
- “SEC Proposes Regulation A+" Rochester Business Journal, May 2014
- “Securities – Common Exemptions from Registration" Monroe County Bar Association, December 2013
- “Business Law: Choosing an Entity and Formation" Monroe County Bar Association, December 2010
New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Lehigh University, B.S. (Civil Engineering), with honors
States of New York and Massachusetts
Member of the New York State Bar Association and the Business Law Council of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center, Board of Directors, Finance Committee
- Rochester Small Business Council
- "SEC Proposes Regulation A+" Rochester Business Journal, May 2014
- "Securities – Common Exemptions from Registration" Monroe County Bar Association, December 2013
- "Business Law: Choosing an Entity and Formation" Monroe County Bar Association, December 2010
- Corporate Governance
- Investment Management
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
- Public Companies/Securities
- Emerging Companies
- Direct: 585-987-2819
- Fax: 585-987-2919