Warren B. Rosenbaum
At A Glance
Warren B. Rosenbaum is a Partner in the firm and a member of the Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in corporate, commercial, fiduciary, creditor's rights and bankruptcy litigation, as well as general corporate and business law. He is the Practice Leader for the Business Litigation, Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy and Special Investigations Practice Groups.
Mr. Rosenbaum has long been involved as litigation counsel in a variety of large and complex legal matters in Federal, Bankruptcy and State Courts, including as lead counsel for the Trustee in the Yacono Securities Fraud litigation, for the Municipality in Federal and State Court litigation, as attorney for the former owners of Midtown Plaza in both State and Bankruptcy Court litigation, and as attorney for the Receiver in the dissolution and liquidation of the assets of The Genesee Hospital.
University of Buffalo Law School, J.D.
University of Toledo, B.B.A.
State of New York
United States District Court, Western, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
United States Bankruptcy Court, Western and Northern Districts of New York
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit United States Court of Federal Claims United States
Key Representative Matters
- Represented Trustee in large, complex securities fraud case in both U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts involving multiple parties and recovering several millions of dollars in assets for defrauded investors and other creditors.
- Represented Court-appointed Receiver of a large, regional not-for-profit hospital in liquidation of assets, recovering millions of dollars in funds for the benefit of creditors and resolving disputed issues of asset ownership and lien priorities through litigation.
- Represented large group of investors in U.S. District Court-based securities fraud litigation recovering virtually all of the investors' losses against large, multinational insurance carrier which had promoted the investments.
- Successfully represented multi-national business outsourcing company in unfair competition litigation.
- Successfully represented publicly-traded technology company in patent licensing dispute.
- Recently represented family of deceased husband in obtaining reversal of adverse judgment in state's highest appellate tribunal and recovering for family substantial six-figure award from annuity company.
- Successfully represented large, regional accounting firm in arbitration of dispute with former partner who had been expelled from the firm.
- Successfully represented national securities brokerage firm in securities arbitration in dispute with a major national banking institution over charges of raiding of brokerage business.
- Represented owners and operators of large shopping mall in litigation with City, with major tenant and in creditor work-out matters through successfully-concluded Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Successfully represented local municipality in civil rights, contract and tax-payer actions over conversion of municipal water system to county water authority.
- Represent many secured lenders in Chapters 11, 12 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings in Western and Northern Districts of New York Bankruptcy Courts.
- Represent several Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees in asset recovery litigation involving fraudulent, preferential and other avoidable transfers.
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association, Chair of the Judiciary Committee and past member of the Board of Trustees.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association and its Commercial and Federal Litigation Section.
- Named 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America in Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Listed in the most recent edition of "Best Lawyers in America" and has been included in the "Bet-The-Company Litigation" category, recognizing attorneys who handle high stakes commercial litigation cases.
- Recognized as one of the "Super Lawyers" in New York State by New York Super Lawyer Magazine,
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Monroe Community College Foundation.
- Former President of Cancer Action, Inc.
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Creditors' Rights
- Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Insurance Coverage & Risk Management
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- Special Investigations
- Direct: 585-987-2813
- Fax: 585-987-2913
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Thirteen Woods Oviatt Attorneys Are Included on the 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers List and Three Attorneys Are Named 2014 Upstate New York Rising Stars.