At a Glance
Wayne Reinke has practiced for over 20 years in various areas of intellectual property law, including patent applications involving artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality, virtual machines, software, business methods, graphical user interfaces, memory management, database management, distributed storage, three- dimensional imaging simulations, flight path imaging, online search technologies including search term query generating algorithms, memory optimization methods for web-based applications, web based payment and merchandizing systems, data structures for search optimization, data storage architectures, and online data security encompassing firewalls and encryption schemes. Notably, he has had success in overcoming subject matter rejections and written several published articles on the topic.
His patent experience also spans multiple semiconductor technologies, including microelectronics, nanoelectronics, integrated circuit fabrication, as well as semiconductor design and fabrication. He has also worked with foreign patent and trademark agents regarding patent matters, trademark matters and PCT practice.
In addition, Wayne has practiced in other areas of IP Law, including trademark filing and prosecution, trademark portfolio management, copyright practice, licensing, appeals to the Board, reexaminations and opinion work, as needed by his clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Reinke was a partner at Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti, P.C., an IP boutique firm, in its Rochester, New York office.
- PATENTABLE SUBJECT MATTER – AN AMERICAN AXLE UPDATE, July, 2022
- WHERE THERE’S COSMOKEY, THERE’S FIRE – HOW THE FEDERAL CIRCUIT COLLAPSED ALICE TO A SINGLE STEP, October, 2021
- EMPLOYING TRADEMARK LAW TO DETERMINE WHEN A PATENT IS ‘DIRECTED TO’ A SECTION 101 JUDICIAL EXCEPTION, October, 2021
- YU V. APPLE INC.: YET ANOTHER ALICE DISASTER, September, 2021
- WILL SUPREME COURT INTERVENE WITH RUNAWAY EXPANSION OF §101 BY FEDERAL CIRCUIT?, December, 2020
- TOWARD REBALANCING OUTCOMES OF ALICE PATENTABLE SUBJECT MATTER INQUIRIES – PART TWO, June, 2019
- TOWARD REBALACING OUTCOMES OF ALICE PATENTABLE SUBJECT MATTER INQUIRIES, May, 2018
- Intellectual Property, Licensing & Technology
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York Juris Doctor, May 1992.
- Honors: Lead Articles Editor, Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology; President and Founder 1989-92, Intellectual Property Law Society published article.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York College of Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, May 1989
- Honors: Dean's List 8 quarters; cooperative education program.
- New York State 1993
- Registered to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal Court - Northern District of New York 1994
Key Representative Matters
- Represented clients in obtaining strategic patent protection in a wide variety of technologies [LINK TO PATENTS]
- Represented clients in obtaining strategic trademark protection [LINK TO TRADEMARKS]
- Represented clients in patent appeals before the Board of Patent Appeals
- Represented clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Managed trademark portfolios for clients in multiple countries
- Managed related trademark litigation matters in 17 countries for consistent outcomes
- Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Meritas Law Firms Worldwide