Our attorneys provide experienced, sound counsel to all participants in the construction industry: owners, developers, contractors, construction managers, design professionals and suppliers.
The group regularly works with clients to add value across a broad range of areas, including:
- Advising on land use planning and zoning;
- Negotiating construction contracts;
- Preparing purchase orders, terms and conditions, and credit applications;
- Counseling when construction project disputes arise;
- Representing clients in collective bargaining.
- Representing clients in prevailing wage investigations by the NYS Department of Labor
- Enforcing contract rights through mechanic’s lien actions, payment bond claims and Article 3-A diversion of trust fund claims and other fiduciary victims.
- Litigating matters in state and federal courts based on defective construction or design.
- Arbitrating matters before the American Arbitration Association and other tribunals.
- Counseling clients through difficult alternative dispute resolution processes, mediations and conferences with owners, architects, contractors and subcontractors.