Government & Municipal Law
The demands on municipalities and other governmental agencies are greater and more complex than ever before. Our attorneys bring an intimate familiarity with the workings of modern governmental jurisdictions, combining a wide range of legal disciplines and specialties that affords a highly sophisticated level of legal representation for our governmental clients. We recognize that Governmental Law requires deep experience and familiarity with the unique aspects of governance and sensitivity to cost-effectiveness that are hallmarks of our practice. Several of our attorneys have also practiced in the public sector, including service as chief counsel to several municipalities.
Our services include:
- Civil litigation, including zoning and land use, civil rights, employment, construction disputes and tort defense;
- Municipal governance and reorganization;
- Public contracting and procurement;
- Contract preparation and negotiation;
- Economic development;
- Zoning, land use and environmental;
- Public authority and special district/assessment area formation;
- Legislative redistricting;
- Real property acquisitions, sales and leasing;
- Condemnation; and
- Tax certiorari.