Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
Our merger and acquisition experience is varied in both the size and complexity of the transactions.We have been involved in transactions ranging from small closely held family businesses to those involving hundreds of millions of dollars. We have represented clients in the acquisition and disposition of NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ companies, including controlling interests in these types of publicly traded companies. We have represented clients on all sides of the table, ranging from public and private buyers and sellers, special committees of boards of directors, management buyout groups, venture capital and private equity funds, and financial advisors, to senior and subordinated lenders.
Our attorneys have experience in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing many different types of transactions, including:
- Stock purchases and sales;
- Asset purchases and sales;
- Cash tender and securities exchange offers;
- Mergers, including those involving stock, cash and a combination of cash and stock;
- Leveraged and management buyouts;
- Going private transactions;
- Roll-ups and consolidations;
- Reorganizations, restructurings and recapitalizations;
- Joint ventures; and
- Strategic alliances.
Our attorneys have been involved in all aspects of M&A transactions, including:
- Developing initial proposals, bid packages, and letters of intent;
- Assembling and supervision of data rooms;
- Supporting due diligence;
- Drafting and negotiating the definitive documents;
- Advising on tax, securities, employment, employee benefit and liability issues, intellectual property ownership, transfer, and related issues,
- Counseling on board, shareholder and third-party approval; and
- Closing transactions.
To provide comprehensive and effective advice, our M&A lawyers regularly draw upon the experience of our attorneys in other areas of practice, including tax, securities laws, employee benefits, environmental, labor and intellectual property.