Bruce D. Reinoso
At A Glance
Bruce D. Reinoso is Senior Counsel in the Family Wealth & Estate Planning Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning and elder law. He counsels and advises clients regarding estate and long term care planning, Wills, Trusts, Real Estate transfers, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Guardians, long term care insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, employer and retiree group health benefit plans and other health insurance.
Mr. Reinoso works with clients and their financial advisers to develop personalized plans integrating lifetime conservation and management of resources, deployment of retirement and deferred compensation assets, orderly wealth transfer to heirs and estate tax planning. He also helps clients protect their interests when disputes arise and find solutions when there was too little planning too late.
He serves as one of the trust managers for the Western New York Pooled Supplemental Needs Trusts. Mr. Reinoso was one of the principal drafters of the pooled trust agreements established by People, Inc. and Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled and Disadvantaged of Western New York, Inc. Mr. Reinoso regularly presents educational programs regarding estate planning and elder law to state and local professionals and their clients.
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, B.A. - Music
- Duke University, Masters - Music Composition
- Admitted to practice in all New York State courts.
Mr. Reinoso is past Dean of the Erie Institute of Law, the educational arm of the Bar Association of Erie County, and past chair of the Bar Association’s Elder Law Committee. He is President of the Board of Directors of Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled and Disadvantaged of Western New York, Inc., a Past President of the Board of Directors for the Network In Aging of Western New York, Inc., and a member of Western New York Estate Analysts.
Mr. Reinoso is the recipient of a Dr. Evan Calkins Award for Meritorious Service in the field of aging services. He has been named to Best Lawyers in America since 2005 for Elder Law. In 2013, he was named lawyer of the year by Best Lawyers in America for Elder Law in Western New York.
Mr. Reinoso is a past member of the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy Board (Albright Knox Art Gallery).
- Elder Law/Long Term Health Care and Medicaid Planning
- Family Wealth Planning
- Health Care
- Special Needs Planning
- Direct: 716-248-3232
- Fax: 716-248-3332
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 11-7-17 Bruce Reinoso, Esq. to speak on Special Needs Trusts at the National Business Institute Seminar.
- 1-13-17 Bruce Reinoso, Esq. to Speak at a Medicaid Planning Seminar
- 11-9-16 Bruce D. Reinoso, Esq. to speak at the Intermediate Elder Law Update
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- 1-4-16 Bruce D. Reinoso Joins Woods Oviatt in the Buffalo Office