At a Glance
Bruce D. Reinoso is Senior Counsel in the Family Wealth & Estate Planning Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning and elder law. He counsels and advises clients regarding estate and long term care planning, Wills, Trusts, Real Estate transfers, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Guardians, long term care insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, employer and retiree group health benefit plans and other health insurance.
Mr. Reinoso works with clients and their financial advisers to develop personalized plans integrating lifetime conservation and management of resources, deployment of retirement and deferred compensation assets, orderly wealth transfer to heirs and estate tax planning. He also helps clients protect their interests when disputes arise and find solutions when there was too little planning too late.
Mr. Reinoso was one of the principal drafters of the Western New York Pooled Supplemental Needs Trusts agreements established by People, Inc. and Legal Services for the Center for Elder Lawa and Justice, Inc. He served as one of the trust managers for for fourteen years. Mr. Reinoso regularly presents educational programs regarding estate planning and elder law to state and local professionals and their clients.
Mr. Reinoso is the recipient of a Dr. Evan Calkins Award for Meritorious Service in the field of aging services. He has been named in the current edition of Best Lawyers in America, and every year since 2005, for Elder Law. In 2013, he was named lawyer of the year by Best Lawyers in America for Elder Law in Western New York.
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, B.A. - Music
- Duke University, Masters - Music Composition
- Admitted to practice in all New York State courts.
Mr. Reinoso is past Dean of the Erie Institute of Law, the educational arm of the Bar Association of Erie County, and past chair of the Bar Association’s Elder Law Committee. He is Past President of the Board of Directors of Center for Elder Law and Justice, Inc., a Past President of the Board of Directors for the Network In Aging of Western New York, Inc., and a member of Western New York Estate Analysts.
Mr. Reinoso is a past member of the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy Board (Albright Knox Art Gallery).
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 2-3-19 As Seen in the Buffalo News - Bruce Reinoso, Esq. Featured in "How to keep nursing home costs from devouring your life savings."
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 11-7-17 Bruce Reinoso, Esq. to speak on Special Needs Trusts at the National Business Institute Seminar.
- 1-13-17 Bruce Reinoso, Esq. to Speak at a Medicaid Planning Seminar
- 11-9-16 Bruce D. Reinoso, Esq. to speak at the Intermediate Elder Law Update
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- 1-4-16 Bruce D. Reinoso Joins Woods Oviatt in the Buffalo Office