Family Wealth Planning
Our attorneys meet with clients and their advisors to develop an estate plan that is consistent with their desires and takes into account current estate tax laws. These changing laws require us to send periodic updates to clients so they stay current with the latest changes and techniques to preserve family wealth.
We have extensive experience in:
- Preparation of Last Wills and Testaments, Revocable Living Trusts, durable Powers of Attorney and Living Wills and Health Care Proxies;
- Providing advice to clients on proposed estate plan taking into account current and future estate tax laws;
- Advice on charitable techniques to reduce estate taxes including: Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, and the establishment of a Donor-Advised Fund, Supporting Organization or Private Foundation;
- Counsel and advice on annual gifting and use of lifetime gift tax exclusion to reduce overall estate taxes;
- Advice on the establishment of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies to protect assets from creditor’s claims and leverage annual gift tax exclusion and lifetime exemption;
- Discussions concerning benefits of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts for current or new insurance policies; and
- Discussions concerning Generation-Skipping Trusts and Dynasty Trusts for multi-generational planning.