At a Glance
Natalie A. Grigg is the Supervising Partner in the firm’s Default Servicing Department, overseeing staff and attorneys, while ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Ms. Grigg represents lenders, investors, and services in residential mortgage foreclosures, bankruptcy actions, evictions, and related litigation throughout New York State.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt, Ms. Grigg represented creditors and servicers in contested matters in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings throughout New York State. She has extensive experience with litigated matters within bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings as well as commercial litigation.
Ms. Grigg received her Juris Doctorate from the University at Buffalo Law School in May 2002 with a concentration in Civil Litigation. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Legal Studies in February 1999 from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- July 2014: ALFN State Update Webinar: New York Foreclosures
- September 2014: Loss Mitigation, Mandatory Mediation and Expedited Foreclosures
- November 2014: ALFN TE@CH: Foreclosure Mediation & Loss Mitigation
- February 2015: MBA National Mortgage Servicing Conference, Navigating Default Servicing in New York and New Jersey
- March 2015: ALFN Webinar - Statute of Limitations Update
- July 2015: ALFN Answers Conference, Mock Trial Panel and Litigation Updates
- November 2015: ALFN TE@CH: Litigation Updates and Mock Trial Panel
- July 2016: ALFN Answers Conference: In the Courtroom – Witness Preparation: Issues, Pitfalls and Work-Arounds and Mock Trial Panel
- September 2016: ALFN TE@CH: Vacant and Abandoned Property
- November 2016: ALFN TE@CH: Judicial Updates: New York Foreclosures
- July 2017: ALFN Answers Conference, Foreclosure Feud
- November 2017: ALFN Foreclosure Intersect: Regulatory Compliance
- February 2018, Bankruptcy Intersect: Chapter 13 Track
- March 2018: State Update Webinar: New York
- July 2018: ALFN Answers Conference, Trial Jeopardy
- November 2018: ALFN Foreclosure Intersect: Legislative Updates
- ALFN Angle 2016 Advocacy Issue: Paid Leave – Can young mothers have it all?
- ALFN Angle Fall Issue: New York Snapshot: Recent Case Moves "Good Faith" vs. "Bad Faith" Debate to New Ground, Establishes Standards to Evaluate
- New Claim Against MERS "May Have Teeth" – MortgageOrb.com
- MERS: Always Up to the Challenge, Servicing Management, November 2014, Vol. 26, No. 4
- Default Servicing
University at Buffalo, J.D.
State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
Ms. Grigg is admitted to practice in the State of New York. She also is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of New York as well as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of New York.
- Board of Directors – American Legal & Financial Network
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the Membership Committee
- Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys
- New York State Bar Association
- Co-Chair for the American Legal Financial Network (ALFN) Default Servicing Practice Group Committee for 2015; Committee Member: Marketing & Business Development Group; Committee Member: Junior Professionals & Executives Group; Committee Member: Women in Legal Leadership Initiative
- Named a "Rising Star" in 2013 by Super Lawyers.
- 2015 ALFN JPEG Picture the Future
- 2016 Super Lawyers
- Dress for Success Rochester - Board Member- 2015 to present
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Women Making Wishes Committee – Past Chair
- Chili Soccer Association, Assistant Tykes Commissioner – December 2013 – 2015
- 5-8-2019 The Women of Woods Oviatt named the 2019 Dress For Success Empowerment Award honorees by Dress for Success Rochester.
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Natalie, A. Grigg, Esq. Featured Speaker for the American Legal Financial Network Webinar
- Natalie Grigg, Esq. Was a Featured Speaker at MBA's National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2015