At a Glance
Christian J. Henrich is a Partner in the Business and Finance Department and is also a member of the firm's Management Committee which is responsible for general oversight and management of the firm. He advises clients, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; private equity and debt financings; and Delaware corporate law. In addition to his representation of institutional venture capital funds, he is one of a handful of attorneys in the country that represent search funds.
Mr. Henrich obtained his B.A. from Dartmouth College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School where he was honored as a Palmer Scholar. Mr. Henrich is also a retired Infantry Captain having served on active duty for five years – two of which were in the Army's elite 75th Ranger Regiment.
|Mr. Henrich was named to the Business First of Buffalo's 2014 "Legal Elite of Western New York."||
University of Pennsylvania, J.D., cum laude and M.B.A., Palmer Scholar (Top 5%)
Dartmouth College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Mr. Henrich is admitted to practice in the states of New York and Delaware.
Key Representative Matters
- Lead counsel for a Buffalo energy company's acquisition of a Syracuse-based company which sells and delivers glycols, a type of antifreeze used as a coolant in commercial and industrial applications.
- Negotiated split up of large, Buffalo based energy provider.
- Lead counsel for a private equity firm in an investment in a human resources software as a service provider.
- Lead counsel for CleanFiber when acquiring an additional $2.3 million in funding to support its new factory in Blasdell. Also represented them in acquiring an additional $5 million in private funding to expand its manufacturing capacity and expand its sales efforts
- Legal counsel to Backcountry Capital/Eagle Automation in sale of majority interest to Eagle Automation.
- Lead counsel for PostProcess Technologies as it secured, initially, $15 million and subsequently an additional $20 million in financing.
- Lead counsel for UltraCell Insulation's first external equity round of $1.6 million in new funding
- Advised Peterson Partners on Series B Financing Used by DCI-Design to Acquire EthoStream
- Represented Kayne Partners in $10.5 M Investment in Azalea Health.
Mr. Henrich is a member of the New York State and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Henrich is very active in the community and is a Confirmation Class Leader for St. John's Lutheran Church in Orchard Park and a Boy Scout Leader for Troop 285 in Orchard Park.
- 10-26-20 As seen in the Rochester Business Journal "MCC leverages technology to keep students connected." Woods Oviatt's client Ocelot and their chatbot platform is featured in article.
- 9-21-20 As seen in the Buffalo News - Chris Henrich and Brandie Mask are counsel for NOCO Energy's Acquisition of Glycol Blender.
- 4-22-20 Webinar recording available - PPP Forgivable Loans: How to properly document your business activities for forgiveness.
- 4-2-20 Chris Henrich and Lorisa LaRocca Participate in Virtual Roundtable: How CEOs and Boards Can Work with Lenders During Unprecedented Dislocation -Webinar Recording available
- 3-19-20 Woods Oviatt Gilman Creates a Multidisciplinary Crisis Resource Group
- 11-12-19 Christian J. Henrich, Esq. was lead counsel for PostProcess as they secured $20M in a Series B Funding Round.
- 10-8-19 Christian J. Henrich, Esq. and Katarina B. Polozie, Esq. are lead counsel for Clean Fiber as they close $5 Million in growth-based funding.
- 9-12-19 Christian Henrich, Esq. and Townsend Kinsler, Esq. are Counsel for Broadtree Partners in investment in a human resources software as a services provider.
- 12-13-18 As seen in Buffalo Business First - CleanFiber raises another $2.3 million to support new factory in Blasdell - Woods Oviatt serves as counsel.
- 12-13-18 CleanFiber secures more investment, prepares to open Blasdell plant - Woods Oviatt serves as counsel.
- 6-28-18 Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP served as legal counsel to Backcountry Capital/Eagle Automation
- 4-6-2018 Christian J. Henrich, Esq. and Katarina B. Polozie, Esq. of Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP were lead counsel for UltraCell Insulation's first external equity round.
- 3-29-17 Woods Oviatt Advised Peterson Partners on Series B Financing Used by DCI-Design to Acquire EthoStream.
- 3-27-17 Woods Oviatt advises Magnum Capital Partners in the acquisition of Scribendi Inc. ("Scribendi") an online editing and proofreading company.
- 2-7-17 As Seen in the Buffalo Law Journal - "WNY Firms Experience Explosive Growth"
- 11-17-16 Woods Oviatt Serves as Lead Counsel for International Chimney Corporation (ICC) in Sale to Dominion.
- Woods Oviatt Gilman Assists Kayne Partners in $10.5 M Investment
- 4-11-16 As Seen in the Buffalo Law Journal - Buffalo Law Firms Finding Way in Canadian Market.