The volatility of the last few years, which has included a pandemic and a rising tide of social and economic change, has shown us the complexity—and vulnerabilities—of the manufacturing industry. Issues that always have been considered in the sector suddenly have become acute concerns in the global economy. Raising debt and equity and closing important transactions in an increasingly challenging marketplace; supply and distribution chain issues and their impact on business and scaling; automation/IP and foreign competition; and employee hiring, training, and retention all emerged as areas critically in need of sound legal representation.
Woods Oviatt Gilman’s broad base of attorneys with specific manufacturing experience has been serving the industry since 1852 in an area of the world that knows manufacturing. The Great Lakes have long been the circulatory system for manufactured goods, bringing the products of hardworking people and organizations to fuel growth around the globe.
With this experience comes unparalleled knowledge about issues that are crucial to stability and growth, including strategic mergers and acquisitions, manufacturing supply agreements and contract manufacturing agreements, interstate and international commerce and regulations, entity formation, capitalization, and private equity investment, and debt financing. Our attorneys have provided incomparable legal partnerships with leading manufacturers for almost a century and can help you navigate an increasingly complicated world.
To find out more about our Manufacturing team and its offerings, contact Chris Henrich.
Examples of Representative Matters
- Represented the shareholders of the largest privately owned U.S. Safety and Distribution Company in the $215,000,000 sale to the largest privately owned Manufacturing and Distribution Company in the world.
- Representation of Clean Fiber, a Buffalo-based manufacturer of cellulous insulation, in numerous transactions, including equity and debt financing, contracts and general corporate matters, and facilitating its participation in the START-UP NY Program in partnership with the University at Buffalo.
- Represented an international safety, manufacturing and distribution company in a $44M acquisition of a national safety products distribution business.
- Representation of an REIT-owned material handling and processing equipment company in its $7 million acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of dust collector and cage technology.
- U.S. counsel to a Canadian manufacturer of custom automotive accessories in its $5 million sale to a U.S. private equity buyer.
- Representation of a distributor of vision processing products in the $15 million sale of its business to a publicly traded Italian company.
- Represented a clothing manufacturer and distributor in a $13 million sale to a multinational company.
- Represented a medical supply contract manufacturer in numerous supply agreements with large international medical supply companies.
- Lead counsel for PostProcess Technologies as it secured an initial $14 million and a subsequent $20 million in financing.