At a Glance
Timothy Lyster is a Partner in the firm's Secured Lending and Financial Recovery Department, where he concentrates in bankruptcy, workouts, commercial litigation, and foreclosures.
Mr. Lyster served as the Confidential Law Clerk in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York to the Hon. Paul R. Warren, the Hon. Michael J. Kaplan, and the Hon. John C. Ninfo, II. Previously, he practiced in litigation in state and federal courts in New York City.
Mr. Lyster received his Juris Doctorate degree from St. John's University School of Law. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business and Economics from Lehigh University.
Mr. Lyster was named a "Rising Star" on the 2016 Super Lawyers Magazine list and an "Up and Coming Attorney" in 2013 by the Daily Record. He has presented bankruptcy and litigation topics to various audiences.
St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
Lehigh University, B.S.
Mr. Lyster is admitted to practice in New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Western, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Lyster is the President of the Upstate New York Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. He is the former Chairperson of the Bankruptcy Committee and Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Monroe County Bar Association. He is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Mr. Lyster is the former President of the Board of Directors of the Flower City Arts Center, a not-for-profit educational institution specializing in photography, pottery and printing and book arts. Mr. Lyster has volunteered for numerous charitable organizations in the Rochester community.
- 1-1-2021 - 5 things CPAs need to know about bankruptcy - As seen in the Journal of Accountancy featuring William Savino, Esq. and Timothy Lyster, Esq. of Woods Oviatt
- 4-3-20 As Seen in the Buffalo News - Buffalo Diocese urges parishes to retain bankruptcy lawyers
- 1-1-2020 Timothy P. Lyster, Esq. Named a Partner in the Firm
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Lorisa LaRocca, Esq. and Timothy Lyster, Esq. Named Recipients of the "Forty Under 40 Award"