Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy
Whether you are dealing with a financially troubled customer or partner, or your business is experiencing difficulties and needs assistance in managing its own financial problems, the members of our practice group have the breadth of experience and knowledge to guide you toward prompt and creative solutions. Our proven track record and the respect our work has earned from lenders, other attorneys and the Courts alike, benefits our clients in these sometimes complex transactional and litigated matters.
Our experience includes:
- Workouts, restructurings and arrangements both outside of and before U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, including cases, adversary proceedings and contested matters of almost every description;
- State and federal fraudulent transfer issues;
- Preference avoidance proceedings in Bankruptcy Courts;
- Business and personal asset protection;
- Secured "Article 9" sales and transfers;
- Protection of secured lenders and secured collateral positions in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Mechanics lien foreclosures and replevin actions to recover chattels;
- Corporate trust matters; and
- Court-appointed receivership proceedings.
We represent equity owners, secured and unsecured creditors, financial institutions, including commercial banks, and private lenders, creditors' committees, bankruptcy trustees, court appointed receivers, commercial landlords, and purchasers of assets from distressed companies and in bankruptcy sales.