At a Glance
Beryl Nusbaum is a Partner in the firm and a member of the Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in litigation with particular emphasis on product liability, environmental, corporate and securities cases, accounting malpractice and municipality defense. He also practices in the area of personal injury litigation, contract negotiation, real estate financing transactions and leasing.
Yale Law School, J.D.
Columbia College of Columbia University, B.A.
State of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern, Western, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
United States District Court Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Key Representative Matters
- State-wide and regional product liability counsel for large manufacturing and service companies.
- State-wide and regional counsel on environmental matters for a major oil company.
- Successfully defended a major industrial corporation on several occasions against claims of manufacturing defects in major industrial equipment.
- Successfully defended a major manufacturer of industrial and commercial ladders in scores of cases alleging manufacturing and design defects.
- Represented and successfully defended suits against a major financial institution in connection with various claims for breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the management of investment and trust accounts.
- Recovered $8.5 million for a severly injured minor in a bus accident.
- Successfully defended major oil companies in a series of cases involving substantial discharges of petroleum products.
Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Active in the Jewish Community Federation of Greater Rochester as counsel and Member of the Board of Directors.
- Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Temple Beth El.
- Active in the Columbia College Alumni Association.