For many decades, our attorneys have represented product manufacturers and others in the chain of distribution, as well as insurers, in connection with claims involving defective products. Working with nationally recognized in-house and outside counsel, we have successfully defended a wide variety of products, including motor vehicles, watercraft, industrial equipment, outdoor and recreational products, household appliances and other consumer goods in state and federal courts. We have also handled toxic tort cases, involving asbestos, lead paint, mold and other toxins found in home and workplace settings.
Our services include:
- Representation of manufacturers and others in the chain of distribution, and their insurers, in defending against cases alleging design defect, manufacturing defect and failure to warn.
- Assisting manufacturers in coordinating local counsel in multi-jurisdictional litigation involving product liability claims.
- Assisting manufacturers in the risk management function, including review of product labels, safety and instruction manuals, and point-of-sale literature.
- Defending clients in successor liability disputes.
- Handling claims involving occupational and environmental toxins.
- Handling claims involving pharmaceuticals and food products.
- Representing clients in connection with personal injury and property damage claims related to contaminated property.