Professional Malpractice Defense
Our attorneys have represented professionals, including physicians, attorneys, and accountants, in malpractice actions, arbitrations and professional disciplinary proceedings. We understand the issues unique to each profession and have worked with nationally recognized experts in their fields on behalf of our clients. We work on a proactive basis to avoid such claims, but, when formal proceedings are commenced, we offer vigorous representation from start to finish.
Our services include:
- Defense of medical malpractice, legal malpractice and accounting malpractice claims;
- Representation of stockbrokers and others engaged in the securities industry in legal actions and industry arbitrations;
- Representing professionals in coverage disputes;
- Representing physicians in professional disciplinary proceedings before the New York State Department of Health’s Office of Professional Medical Conduct;
- Representation of other licensed professionals in professional disciplinary proceedings before the New York State Department of Education;
- Representation of physicians in hospital credentialing disputes, assisting physicians with licensing and membership in health maintenance organizations, insurers and other third-party payers; and
- Assisting professionals with risk management issues.
Professional Malpractice Defense Practice Leader
Donald W. O’Brien, Jr.