Christen Culligan Bruu
At A Glance
Christen Culligan Bruu is Special Counsel in the firm's Family Wealth & Estate Planning Department where she concentrates in estate planning and administration. She is an also an Accredited Veterans Affairs Attorney.
- Member of the Rochester panel of speakers for the New York State Bar Association course, Practical Skills – Probate and the Administration of Estates.
- Member of the Rochester panel of speakers for the New York State Bar Association course, "Everything You Wanted to Know About Estate Planning for the Middle Class (But Were Afraid to Ask)".
- Member of panel for firm's seminar, Estate Planning Update, speaking on Estate Planning for the Terminally Ill Client.
Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Works with clients to develop an effective estate plan from simple estates to large estates with complex assets, including planning for personal care and management of assets in the event of incapacity.
- Counsels clients on ways to reduce estate taxes and protect assets from claims of creditors and nursing home spend-down.
- Assists clients with Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts and Generation Skipping Tax planning.
- Assists families of decedents with administering estates from simple estates to sophisticated post-mortem tax planning.
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Active member in the Trusts and Estates sections of both.
- Chair of the Trusts & Estates Section of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors for Mary's Place LLC.
- Volunteers time and energy to her church and her children's school.
- Active in various other cultural and charitable organizations.
- Elder Law/Long Term Health Care and Medicaid Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Family Wealth Planning
- Retirement Benefit Planning
- Direct: 585-987-2895
- Fax: 585-987-2995