At a Glance
Greg has experience in all aspects of real estate development and finance, ranging from small businesses to national "big box" retailers. His practice involves advising clients regarding the use, sale, lease, purchase, and development of commercial and residential real estate, including retail facilities, medical buildings, cell towers, specialty housing projects, multifamily communities, and large tract, single-family subdivisions. He also has experience representing clients before municipal boards in complex zoning and land use matters as well as in proceedings and lawsuits involving real estate, land use and zoning, the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), condemnation, and landlord/tenant matters.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt, Greg was a Partner at Vaisey Nicholson & Nearpass, PLLC.
- Home Rule and Shale Gas Development: Perspectives, Association of Towns of the State of New York Annual Meeting, 21 February 2012.
- High Volume Hydraulic Fracturing and Home Rule: The Struggle for Control, 76 Alb. L. Rev. 161 (2013).
- Not So Risky Business: Constructing in the Face of a Lawsuit in the Retail Industry, NY Real Estate Journal (2007).
- Knowing When to Ask: Unilateral Relocation of Easements, NY Real Estate Journal (2007).
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Leasing
- Affordable Housing & Community Development Practice Group
- Land Use & Zoning
- Environmental Law & Litigation
- Government & Municipal Law
- Condominiums and Associations
- Section 1031 Tax Free Exchanges
- Qualified Opportunity Zone Tax Incentives
- Title Insurance
- Albany Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Hartwick College, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York State
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Board Member, Cameron Community Ministries