At a Glance
Kelley Ross Brown is a Partner in the firm where she is a member and Administrative Partner of the Real Estate Development and Finance Department. She concentrates her practice in complex real estate and asset-based finance transactions on behalf of lenders; writing offering plans for condominium and homeowner's associations, commercial closings on behalf of businesses and private individuals and leasing. She is also a member of the firm's Management Committee which is responsible for general oversight and management of the firm.
- Listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Named Lawyer of the Year for Banking and Finance Law in Rochester in 2021 by "Best Lawyers in America."
- 2019 Stoneman Award Recipient from Albany Law School
- Recipient of Top Women in Law Award 2014
- Named a finalist for the 2010 Athena Award.
- Recipient of the 40 Under 40 Award in 1999.
- Frequent Speaker at State and County CLE Programs.
Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
St. Lawrence University, B.A., cum laude
State of New York, Western District Court
Key Representative Matters
- Representing commercial lender in issuance of credit enhancement on $10,000,000.00 financing for local not-for-profit's bond-financed construction and renovation of campus buildings.
- Representing commercial lenders in all aspects of asset-based financing transactions.
- Representing commercial lenders in real estate transactions, including construction to permanent loan financing.
- Representing commercial lenders with industrial development agency assisted financing, and loans with the U.S. Small Business Administration through the 504 and 7a programs.
- Representing businesses and individuals in the acquisition, construction, and financing of a commercial properties.
- Representing numerous condominium and homeowners associations and developers throughout Upstate New York.
- Member of the Monroe County Association.
- Member of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys.
- Member and Past-Chair of the Board of Directors for NeighborWorks Community Partners
- Past President and Member of the Board of Directors of NeighborWorks Rochester.
- Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors of DePaul Adult Care Communities, Inc./DePaul Community Facilities, Inc.
- Chair of the Monroe County Committee of the LAWNY Board.
- Member, Character and Fitness Committee, Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Member, VLSP Campaign for Justice Cabinet
- 8-19-21 - Thirty-One Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2022 Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 5-8-2019 The Women of Woods Oviatt named the 2019 Dress For Success Empowerment Award honorees by Dress for Success Rochester.
- 3-13-19 Kelley Ross Brown, Esq. Named a 2019 Stoneman Award Recipient by Albany Law School
- 2-7-19 Woods Oviatt elects Mitchell Nusbaum as new Managing Partner.
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Kelley Ross Brown, Esq. and David P. Shaffer, Esq. named 2014 "Excellence in Law" Honorees