Our attorneys have successfully represented public and private sector clients in all aspects of tax-exempt and taxable public finance transactions on facilities as diverse as colleges, solid waste disposal facilities, highways and sewers.
Our experience in general obligation and revenue bond financings, coupled with our experience in critical related areas such as tax, securities, corporate, and environmental and land use law enable us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients. Whether serving as Bond Counsel, counsel to issuers, underwriters, trustees or letter of credit issuers, we are uniquely positioned to guide our clients through the complex requirements of public finance transactions. We are listed as nationally-recognized Bond Counsel in the “Red Book" which is limited to law firms whose qualifying opinions as to the tax-exempt status of bonds have been accepted by the marketplace.
Our services include:
- Bond Counsel, including the preparation of authorizing resolutions, structuring of financing transactions, working with bond insurers, preparation of closing documentation and issuance of approving opinion.
- Issuer's counsel, including the structuring of the underlying transaction, representation before authorizing boards, representation with bond rating agencies, conduct of public hearings, preparation of authorizing resolutions and due diligence documentation.
- Underwriter's counsel, including preparation of disclosure documents, working with rating agencies and state regulatory agencies and preparation of closing documents.
- Trustee's counsel, including the preparation and negotiation of the trust indenture.
- Letter of credit issuer's counsel, including the preparation of the commitment letter, reimbursement agreement and letter of credit, security documents and closing documentation.