At a Glance
Kelly Gusmano is an Associate at the firm in the Family Wealth and Estate Planning Department. She concentrates her practice in the area of Elder Law, Long Term Care Planning, and Medicaid.
Kelly believes it is important that clients understand the plan being implemented and will take the time to carefully explain each component. She considers it her greatest privilege to be able to help her clients in times of need.
- April 2021: Presented to the Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly on 4/21/21 on the topic of "Long Term Care Insurance and Planning for Home care Medicaid"
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Fredonia, B.A.
- New York State
Key Representative Matters
- Guides clients through the process of qualifying for Medicaid to pay for in-home aides.
- Helps clients qualify for Medicaid benefits to pay for nursing home costs by preserving assets, rather than by spending them down.
- Prepares and oversees the execution of advance directives and powers of attorney.
- Prepares simple and complex estate plans to ensure client's goals and objectives are met after death.
- Guides clients through the process of planning for long term care costs through the use of Medicaid qualifying trusts or outright transfers.
- Counsels clients on the use of supplemental needs trusts to preserve benefits for disabled individuals.
- Monroe County Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Council Member