The face of healthcare is changing, with the industry increasingly consolidating as large companies acquire private practices and create groups of regional health systems. This presents opportunities for the owners of private practices and also creates needs for physicians who work for these new conglomerates.
Woods Oviatt Gilman has extensive experience providing the highest-quality legal services as practices negotiate sales to larger entities. With an increase in private equity funds streaming into healthcare, we’ve helped clinical practices navigate regulatory and business issues to make their sales successful. We also represent physicians in regulatory compliance matters, as they negotiate contracts with these newly created healthcare organizations, and in disciplinary proceedings when the need arises.
Our diverse group of experienced attorneys is a highly responsive and thoroughly comprehensive legal team ideally suited to the new realities of healthcare.
To find out more about our Healthcare team and its offerings, contact Anthony Cotroneo.
Examples of Representative Matters:
- Represented healthcare services company in $16.0 million sale through public tender offer.
- Represented a 12-member multi-specialty practice group in a sale of the practice to a hospital-owned medical group.
- Obtained restoration of hospital privileges for a physician who had been summarily suspended; successfully defended OPMC investigation arising from suspension.
- Representation of Nursing Home Operators in sale of nursing homes.
- Representation of seller of physician-owned Dialysis Center.