Jerry A. Goldman
Jerry A. Goldman
- Direct: 585-987-2901
- Fax: 585-362-4602
At a Glance
Jerry A. Goldman is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate & Finance Department. In his extensive experience practicing as an attorney, Mr. Goldman has become well known for his real estate development practice focused on land use and zoning. Mr. Goldman's interdisciplinary approach to commercial real estate development, combining elements of both real estate and litigation, has elevated Mr. Goldman to become a leading authority throughout Rochester and Upstate New York in this area of practice.
In his real estate development practice, Mr. Goldman represents owners, developers and end users in contract and lease negotiation, land use and zoning approvals, public/private financing and incentives for development projects, environmental compliance matters, post-approval permitting, closing of lease or purchase/sale of real property, negotiation of construction contracts, as well as government approval (Article 78), real estate and construction litigation. Mr. Goldman also consults with local municipalities on an "Of Counsel" basis.
Mr. Goldman also maintains a business consulting practice which focuses on the structure of business entities including sole proprietorships, general partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies; internal agreements such as buy-sell agreements and employment agreements; external agreements pertaining to confidentiality and sales agreements; as well as the purchase and sale of businesses, commercial/creditor's rights litigation, mechanic's liens and corporate litigation. Mr. Goldman has worked with a substantial number of construction companies and subcontractors in this practice.
A smaller part of Mr. Goldman's practice includes counseling clients on matters regarding residential real estate transactions as well as estate planning and administration.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Mr. Goldman was a Principal of Fix Spindelman Brovitz & Goldman PC
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by "The Best Lawyers in America" in Land Use and Zoning as well as Land Use Zoning Litigation.
- Listed annually in The Best Lawyers in America publication.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated attorney (highest rating)
- Listed in "Super Lawyers" magazine for Land Use/Zoning law.
- Ranked in Chambers USA annually.
- Frequently lectures for many professional trade associations as well as the Monroe County Land Use Decision-Making Training Program.
- Affordable Housing & Community Development Practice Group
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Condominiums and Associations
- Construction Law
- Construction & Surety Law Litigation
- Environmental Law & Litigation
- Land Use & Zoning
- Public Finance
- Title Insurance
- Government & Municipal Law
University of Rochester, B.A.
Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
States of New York and Florida
U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of New York
- Member of the Municipal Law Committee of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester.
- Served as counsel for many not-for-profits including Cancer Wellness Spa, Inc. d/b/a Cancer Wellness Connections, Winton Comfort Care, Inc., The Crayon Project, Inc. and Rochester Area Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- 8-24-21 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Super Lawyers" list.
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- 8-15-2016 Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.
- Thirteen Woods Oviatt Attorneys Are Included on the 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers List and Three Attorneys Are Named 2014 Upstate New York Rising Stars.