At a Glance
Mitchell S. Nusbaum is Managing Partner of Woods Oviatt and a member of the firm's Real Estate Development & Finance Department. He concentrates his practice on commercial real estate, banking, finance and general business law.
His substantial experience in the real estate area includes representing developers on a local and national basis in the acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of shopping centers, office parks, industrial and warehouse space and multi-family properties. Although the majority of his clients are developers, Mr. Nusbaum also represents lenders in financing transactions and tenants in commercial leasing transactions. He also has significant experience in joint ventures, sale/leaseback transactions, syndications and tax deferred exchanges. Mr. Nusbaum also has developed an extensive background in sports law. He represents the owner of a National Football League franchise and represented the purchaser in the acquisition of an English Premier League soccer club.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Gilman, Mr. Nusbaum was associated for seven years with the law firm of Shaw Pittman LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Named to The Rochester Business Journal's "Power 100" in 2022 & 2023.
- Named to The Rochester Business Journal's "Power 50 Law' in 2022.
- Names to the Rochester Business Journal's 'Power 30 Law' in 2021.
- Listed in the current edition of the “Best Lawyers in America" as well as the current edition of "Super Lawyers" magazine.
- Ranked by Chambers annually.
Harvard Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
Cornell University, B.S.
State of New York and District of Columbia
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- 8-17-23 Thirty-Eight Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the Best Lawyers 2024 List
- 3-14-23 Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP Opens Albany, NY Office, and Expands Reach in Upstate New York.
- 2-10-23 Mitch Nusbaum named to the Rochester Business Journal's Power 100 List
- Congratulations to Mitchell Nusbaum for being Named to the Rochester Business Journal's 2022 Power 100 list.
- 2-26-2021 Mitch Nusbaum named to the Rochester Business Journal's "Power 100" list.
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- 8-14-19 35 Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to the 2020 Super Lawyers List
- 2-7-19 Woods Oviatt elects Mitchell Nusbaum as new Managing Partner.
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- Twenty-Four Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.