At a Glance
Andrew Ryan is a Partner in the firm's Litigation Department. He represents clients in a variety of business disputes, including breach of contract, noncompete and shareholder contests, as well as other commercial matters pending in Federal and State courts throughout New York State. Mr. Ryan has a breadth and depth of trial experience that he calls upon to inform and advise his clients. Mr. Ryan also acts as the Administrative Chair of the firm's Litigation Department.
Mr. Ryan is also Co-Chair of the firm's Labor & Employment Department and is the leader of the firm's Employment and Labor Litigation practice group, where he regularly appears before the New York State and Federal Courts, Departments of Labor, the New York State Division of Human Rights and the New York State Workers' Compensation Board.
Lectures frequently on employment and litigation topics and has authored numerous articles.
Albany Law School, J.D.
State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A.
St. Patrick's College, Maynooth, Ireland
State of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations and their litigation sections
- Co-Chair of the Monroe County Bar Association's Litigation Council.
- Chairman of the Rochester Winter Mountaineering Society.
- Coach of his children's sports teams.
- Serves on the Parish Council for St. Mary's Church.
- 12-19-22 - As seen in the Rochester Business Journal. Apartment complex owner suing firm hired to manage property - lawsuit filed by Andrew Ryan and Rachel Pawlak of Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP.
- 3-22 Woods Oviatt to Host 2019 Labor and Employment Update on May 2, 2019
- Woods Oviatt Gilman Labor Alert - Important New Changes to New York Labor Law
- 2016 Labor and Employment Update: Employers Beware! Navigating the Employment Minefield