At a Glance
Anthony Cotroneo is a Partner in the Business Finance Department, the Private Equity Practice Group, the Franchising, Distribution and Dealership Practice Group, and the Construction Law Practice Group and is Co-Chair of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions Group.
His business law practice includes mergers, acquisitions, sales, and spin offs.
As the Chair of the Firm's Private Equity Practice Group, he represents Private Equity Firms, Angel Investors, and Issuers in Private Equity transactions, including assisting in defining the rights and preferences of securities, developing capital structures and deal structures for start-up and growth stage companies.
As the Chair of the firm's Franchising Distribution and Dealership Practice Group, Mr. Cotroneo has assisted Franchisors and Franchisees in the preparation and review of Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars (UFOC) and Franchise Agreements. He also provides counsel to regional and national Distributors and Dealers in all activities, including preparing agreements and implementing dealer and distributor systems.
- Appears in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
Syracuse University, B.S.
Syracuse University, J.D., cum laude
State of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Represented a National Franchisee in a $20 million, multiple location franchise acquisition.
- Represented a startup energy company in a $22 million issuer-led private placement offering.
- Represented a national start-up used automobile company in a series of equity and debt financings in the cumulative amount of $25 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in multiple equity investments in excess of $30 million.
- Represented a private defense contracting company in the sale to a public company.
- Represented a co-founding member in a court ordered sale of a $100 million national safety manufacturing and distribution business including preparation of auction rules, capital raising, and deal structure.
- Represented minority owners in the acquisition of a large specialty packaging company including; securing financing, and structuring transaction.
- Represented a bank holding company in a capital contribution transaction to increase operating banks Tier 1 capital.
- Represented a $50 million electrical distributor and engineering company in a business succession plan with multiple management shareholders.
- Represented a Franchisor in a multi-state franchising effort including; preparing the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular, Franchise Agreement and all ancillary agreements.
Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Board member of the Rochester Italian Heritage Foundation
- Board member of Genesee Regional Bank