At a Glance
Mr. Gribben is a Partner in the firm's Business & Finance Department. His practice is focused in the areas of corporate, securities and financial services law.
His practice includes the area of corporate finance, with the representation of issuers in public and private offerings of securities and venture capital transactions and financial institution regulatory matters. Mr. Gribben represents investment advisors in connection with state and federal registration and regulatory compliance, and private fund sponsors and investors. In addition, he has represented both corporate buyers and sellers in asset, stock and merger transactions, and counseled businesses with corporate governance and compliance issues.
- BV® Distinguished™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Albany Law School, J.D.
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A., Cum Laude
- States of New York and Arizona
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
Key Representative Matters
- Represented healthcare services company in $16.0 million sale through public tender offer;
- Represented national bank holding company in connection with public stock for stock merger transaction;
- Represented multi-million dollar not-for-profit group with holding company restructuring;
- Represented registered investment advisers with sponsorship and launch of over $200 million of private investment funds;
- Represented several banks with the acquisitions of financial service subsidiaries;
- Represented national bank holding company in $7.0 million preferred equity investment under Small Business Lending Fund program with the U.S. Treasury Department;
- Represented bank holding company in a $5.0 million underwritten Regulation A multi-state, rights offering and community offering;
- Represented federal savings bank in state charter conversion;
- Represented savings and loan holding company in "going dark" transition and SEC deregistration;
- Represented client in six roll-up acquisitions of footwear and apparel manufacturers and distributors, with the aggregate purchase price for these acquisitions totaling more than $97 million; and
- Represented endowment with private equity and venture capital fund investment totaling over $110 million.
Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section.
- Chair of the Board of Directors of iCircle Services of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors for CDS Life Transitions, Inc.
- Leads firm sponsorship of Entrepreneurs' Organization of Western New York.
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT UPDATE: ADVERTISING RULE COMPLIANCE IN INVESTMENT ADVISER EXAMINATIONS
- CUSTODY RULE UPDATES; RECENT SEC STAFF GUIDANCE FOR INVESTMENT ADVISERS
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.