At a Glance
Mr. Gribben is a Partner in the firm's Business & Finance Department. His practice is focused in the areas of corporate, securities and financial services law.
His practice includes the area of corporate finance, with the representation of issuers in public and private offerings of securities and venture capital transactions and financial institution regulatory matters. Mr. Gribben represents investment advisors in connection with state and federal registration and regulatory compliance, and private fund sponsors and investors. In addition, he has represented both corporate buyers and sellers in asset, stock and merger transactions, and counseled businesses with corporate governance and compliance issues.
- BV® Distinguished™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Listed in the current edition of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Albany Law School, J.D.
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A., Cum Laude
- States of New York and Arizona
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court
Key Representative Matters
- Represented fiber-to-premises operator in partnership with national private equity sponsor to accelerate expansion of fiber network throughout Northeastern U.S.;
- Numerous merger and acquisition transactions as counsel to both buyers and sellers of registered investment adviser firms and individual financial advisory practices;
- Represented multiple bank and bank holding company issuers with investment transactions to increase regulatory capital using different types of funding instruments, including common and preferred equity and subordinated debt;
- Launch of over $200 million of private investment funds as counsel to sponsors;
- Counsel to all-fiber internet service provider in significant equity investment from clients of global asset management firm to aid rollout of direct-to-home fiber optic network in Northeast Florida;
- Sale of healthcare services company in multi-million dollar public tender offer;
- Public stock for stock merger of bank holding companies as counsel to acquirer;
- Holding company restructuring of $200 million dollar not-for-profit group;
- Counsel to national and state chartered banks in acquisitions and launches of financial service subsidiaries;
- Counsel to issuer in multi-million dollar SEC qualified Regulation A common stock offering;
- Represented multiple issuers going private and SEC deregistration transactions; and
- Counsel to endowment investor in private equity and venture capital fund investments totaling over $240 million.
Member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section.
- Board of Directors of iCircle Services of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
- Chair of the Board of Directors for CDS Life Transitions, Inc.
- Board of Governors of Monroe Golf Club
- 8-17-23 Thirty-Eight Woods Oviatt Gilman Attorneys Named to the Best Lawyers 2024 List
- 6-15-21 Webinar: Cybersecurity and Financial Institutions: Protecting your data
- 10-26-20 Securities Law Update: The SEC Expands the Definition of Accredited Investor
- 8-15-2019 Twenty-five Woods Oviatt attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America List.
- INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT UPDATE: ADVERTISING RULE COMPLIANCE IN INVESTMENT ADVISER EXAMINATIONS
- CUSTODY RULE UPDATES; RECENT SEC STAFF GUIDANCE FOR INVESTMENT ADVISERS
- 8-14-17 Twenty-Six Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America"
- 8-18-2016 Five Woods Oviatt Attorneys Named "Lawyers of the Year" and Twenty-Six Attorneys Named to "Best Lawyers in America" List.