The investment management industry is increasingly affected by expanding laws and regulations. Our attorneys provide practical counsel to investment advisors and to private investment funds and their sponsors and managers in connection with the unique issues they face. We also represent institutional investors in private equity, venture, real estate, hedge funds and other funds, as well as in other investment opportunities. Our interdisciplinary practice includes attorneys with corporate, securities, tax, ERISA and real estate experience.
In working with investment advisors, our attorneys handle:
Formation and registration at the state and federal level;
- Preparation of disclosures and ongoing regulatory compliance;
- ERISA issues for investment advisors; and
- Representation in connection with regulatory inspections and enforcement actions.
Our attorneys also work with sponsors and managers of private investment funds, including real estate, private equity and venture capital funds in connection with:
- Structuring and closing the fund;
- Structuring the management company; and
- Preparing offering materials, including private placement memoranda, fund agreements, subscription agreements and supplemental marketing materials.