Almost every company collects and maintains the personal information of its employees, customers and other individuals. New technologies such as mobile, social media and cloud computing have increased risk for companies and individuals. Companies must pay close attention to privacy and cybersecurity laws governing the collection, use, transfer and disposal of this data.
Our attorneys provide key resources for clients to help prevent and remedy cybersecurity breaches and comply with data privacy and cybersecurity law requirements.
This assistance includes:
- Developing cyber incident response plans
- Regulatory compliance with data privacy and cybersecurity laws
- Developing and updating privacy policies, customer agreements, terms of service, employee manuals conforming to applicable privacy and cybersecurity laws
- Considering and preparing post-attack public disclosures and announcements and handling public relations
- Reviewing insurance coverage for cyber breaches
- Representing clients in investigations, enforcement actions, and litigation in state and federal venues