At a Glance
Kate Polozie is a Partner in the firm’s Business and Finance Department. Her practice is focused in the areas of: emerging growth companies, commercial transactions and business counseling; mergers and acquisitions; and venture capital transactions.
Kate counsels a diverse range of successful and growing businesses from local start-up ventures, to multinational corporations, across a spectrum of industries including construction, transportation, manufacturing, services, distribution, marketing & advertising, human resources, consulting and software.
Kate represents these clients on a wide range of complex commercial agreements including: SAAS agreements, sales representative agreements, distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, and other service agreements.
Kate also represents clients interested in strategic transactions, including joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. She counsels both angel and venture capital investors seeking to invest in companies, and the companies seeking such investment.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP, Kate was a partner at Potomac Law Group PLLC in Washington, DC and a Partner at McDermott, Will & Emery in Washington, DC.
Note & Comment Editor, Northwestern University Law Review, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- Wellesley College, B.A., cum laude
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
- State of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Key Representative Matters
- Represented a start-up insulation company in raising an aggregate of $6.2 million pursuant to issuer-led private placement offerings
- Represented an insurance agency business in a $30 million stock sale to a private company buyer.
- Represented a transportation company in a $40 million stock sale to a U.S. subsidiary of a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Represented a distributor in a $21 million cross border sale of assets and stock to a U.S. private company buyer
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $1,000,000 Series A round investment in a robotics company.
- Represented a distributor in a $7.3 million sale of stock to both management and a private company buyer.
- Represented a manufacturer of cellulose insulation in acquiring $5 million in private funding to expand its manufacturing capacity and expand its sales efforts.
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
Kate serves on the board of directors of the Small Business Counsel of Rochester, NY
- 5-1-20 As seen in the Rochester Business Journal - Local attorneys weigh in on force majeure clauses, employment during COVID-19
- 3-19-20 Woods Oviatt Gilman Creates a Multidisciplinary Crisis Resource Group
- 10-8-19 Christian J. Henrich, Esq. and Katarina B. Polozie, Esq. are lead counsel for Clean Fiber as they close $5 Million in growth-based funding.
- 5-8-2019 The Women of Woods Oviatt named the 2019 Dress For Success Empowerment Award honorees by Dress for Success Rochester.
- 12-13-18 As seen in Buffalo Business First - CleanFiber raises another $2.3 million to support new factory in Blasdell - Woods Oviatt serves as counsel.
- 12-13-18 CleanFiber secures more investment, prepares to open Blasdell plant - Woods Oviatt serves as counsel.
- 4-6-2018 Christian J. Henrich, Esq. and Katarina B. Polozie, Esq. of Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP were lead counsel for UltraCell Insulation's first external equity round.
- 8-21-17 As seen in the Democrat and Chronicle - Kate Polozie, Esq. Interviewed in Hot Jobs: Lawyers