At a Glance
John F. Liebschutz is a Partner in the firm's Business and Finance Department and concentrates his practice in commercial, business, real estate, non-profit, professional discipline, estate and elder law planning matters. He has handled numerous commercial matters including business acquisitions and sales, mortgage foreclosures, real estate financing and development, not-for-profit organization and governance matters, and professional disciplinary matters for physicians and other licensed professionals. Mr. Liebschutz has a background in commercial litigation and has been counsel for complex estate administrations and litigation matters.
Prior to joining Woods Oviatt he was a Partner at Shapiro, Rosenbaum, Liebschutz and Nelson LLP.
Albany Law School, J.D.
Colgate University, B.B.A
State of New York
- Member of the Monroe County and New York State Bar Associations.
- Former Trustee of the Monroe County Bar Association and past Chair of the Real Estate Section
- Former Chair of the Monroe County Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Panelist for the New York State Bar Association's 2011 seminar on legal ethics entitled “Avoiding Ethical Dilemmas in Day to Day Practice".
- Panelist for several Monroe County Bar Association Seminars
- Trustee of the Max Adler Charitable Foundation
- Past President of the Jewish Community Center.
- Participates in a number of community and civic organizations.