At a Glance
Danielle B. Ridgely is a Partner in the firm’s Business and Finance Department. She is practice leader for the Tax Controversies and Transactional Tax Planning practice areas.
She concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate and individual income taxation, partnership taxation, corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate divisions and recapitalizations, like-kind exchanges, estate planning, employee benefits and ERISA matters.
Mrs. Ridgely received her LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center, where she graduated with distinction. She received her J.D. from Regent University School of Law and her B.S. in Business Economics from Grove City College.
- Named a 2016 “Rochester’s Finest” Young Professionals by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Georgetown University Law Center Dean’s List
- Regent University Law Review
- Business Counseling
- Business Succession Planning
- Cross Border Transactions
- Employee Benefits / Executive Compensation
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures
- Not-for-profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Public Finance
- Retirement Benefit Planning
- Section 1031 Tax Free Exchanges
- Tax Controversies
- Transactional Tax Planning
- Qualified Opportunity Zone Tax Incentives
- Affordable Housing & Community Development Practice Group
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, with distinction
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Grove City College, B.S., magna cum laude
- State of New York
- State of Virginia
- United States Tax Court
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Virginia State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Mark Lawrence, Danielle Ridgely and Jennifer Schauerman named Partners in the firm.
- 4-21-2021 New York Disconnects from Federal Qualified Opportunity Zone Tax Benefits
- 12-11-20 - As seen in the Rochester Business Journal - Commercial Real Estate Industry Fearful of Biden Tax Plan
- 4-15-20 COVID-19 HR Update Webinar recording available on demand
- 3-8-2020 Woods Oviatt's Spring 2020 Newsletter
- 10-8-19 Danielle Ridgely, Esq. was a featured presenter at the City of Rochester's Opportunity Zones Investment Summit.
- 11-9-18 PROPOSED REGULATIONS ON INVESTMENTS IN QUALIFIED OPPORTUNITY ZONES
- 6-22-2017 Woods Oviatt's Spring 2017 Newsletter